Thursday 10 June 2010

Dark Night of the Soul



A series of prints illustrating processes that affect the human body and psyche. It has a strong thematic focus on psychoanalytical theories on childhood, sex, gender and desire, examining instinct and the unrestrained human psyche. In the narration of each print, some reference mythology, fairytales and biblical stories. It's title regards conflict that arises from the dualism of primal impulse and the mind's perpetual moralizing

Dark Night of the Soul, 2010
50 x 70cm, Plate size: 31 x 38cm each
Copper Etching and Aquatint, In edition of 3


A Cape Punctured With Stars


Falling Into The Mirror


The Alice In Wonderland Syndrome


The Happy Child


Capturing The Unicorn


The False Pilgram

Antigonish
Hughes Mearns

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

1 comment:

  1. intensely surreal. really love this series!!!

    ReplyDelete